Search This Blog

10 Mar 2010

Acces denied!



Since this film, computers can do whatever the plot requires in a Hollywood movie, no matter how insane. Wait, scratch that, Weird Science had two guys make an entire human being with a 286. And I forgot war games. Sometimes, I just wish that some of the software I have to work with is as clever as those machines in the movies. I spent most of yesterday convincing some crappy graphics program to just let me figure out the CSS of a menu and just give me the pictures. I just ended up with lines and lines of ridiculously inefficient computer-generated code. According to Gödel, Escher, Bach that's one of the prime indicators of intelligence, finding another way to do a job that isn't an endless repetition of simple tasks. Computers aren't stupid, but they'll never let their mind wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment