Search This Blog

18 Feb 2010

Terrible news



I don't really watch the news anymore, every single thing on it annoys me. It's partly this kind of ridiculous pandering to who ever is watching, as if their opinions are of comparable value to professionals trying to report facts in an unbiased way. But mostly the terrible market dictate that the only news is bad news. There are a lot of problems, but preciously little reporting on the things that do go well. Things are bad, but I can't just watch an unrelenting parade of the thousands of things that spell doom for us, what about the hole in the ozone layer stopping it's growth? The sharp decrease in terrorism since the 70's, save for a few high profile events? All the clever new theories on how best to make the economy the driving force behind saving the environment? I went looking for a good news page and found it, but when I wanted to read an article, this happened. You have to pay, which is bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment