Search This Blog

15 Feb 2010

Jihadists were cool once



I remembered this video vividly, like a lot of 80's videos (they were on after the cartoons), but never in a million years would I have connected it to a classic goth band like sisters of mercy. Their early stuff is exactly the kind of thing you'd toss into the faces of progrock enthusiasts who hate everything made after 1978. But apparently they later succumbed to the cheese and did a bowie. Not that I have anything against that, but this might be a bit too on the nose. White suits, reflecting shades, Afghan freedom fighters? They were the coolest oppressed minority there was for a while. The classic desert palace set really takes the cake, though. It really makes me wonder what other fond memories I can disinter for the lulz.

No comments:

Post a Comment