Search This Blog

28 Dec 2009

Wardrobe eats children



I skipped the chronicles of Narnia first time around. There was a BBC dramatisation I could've seen when I was twelve, but for some reason it just didn't appeal to me. I felt no compunction whatsoever to see the Disney flick of a couple of years ago. Thank god for Christmas, I finally got to see it and was thoroughly annoyed. I don't know what it is about British Child Actors, but they raise my hackles. I always used to laugh at the stereotypical British villains in American films, but I get the point now. There's something deeply sinister about the accent, if not used in historical context, funny or ironic. I had an honest to god nightmare after seeing this film, about British Children wanting 'ever so much' to play with me. And this is all before taking the fact that that Lion is supposed to be Jesus into account.

No comments:

Post a Comment