Search This Blog

4 Mar 2010

Why I hate Indie Music



That sketch is the reason in a nutshell. Supposedly music for white, middle class teenagers craving rebellion, most music that is described as 'indie' tends way more to soporific love songs or embarrassingly twee bullshit. This last decade the names have gone this route as well, so if you intend to listen to a single by The Disappointed Unicorns or Puppies and kittens fighting for candy, prepare to have all the enamel blasted off your teeth while a twenty-something hello-kitty enthusiast laments the bittersweet ending of a relationship with an emotionally unavailable woman in a nasal whine. Shouldn't music for people under thirty mostly be loud, stupid and appropriately horrifying to their parents? If this stuff becomes the music of the next generation, than it's finally happened to me, I will be a 28-year old man who despises youth culture and wishes kids would grow up and stop listening to that garbage. I'ts so terrible it's made me hate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment