Search This Blog

19 Jan 2010

Water



Another doctor's visit today and my doctor asked if I'd be interested in a homeopathic cure for gallstones. The sketch above immediately sprang to mind. I asked my doctor why he'd offer me this and apparently it's in my insurance package. I assured him I don't believe in it, and he concluded that that is the only reason he'd prescribe something homeopathic. I just checked, and apparently it is. I always sort of assumed that you had to pay for these things yourself, at least. It's pretty horrifying to realise I've been paying for this. But checking with my sister, whose studying medicine, the official position of doctors is not to say anything bad about homeopathy, unless it's about to kill you. There ought to be law, wasn't there one already?

No comments:

Post a Comment