Search This Blog

27 Jan 2010

I'm not angry, I'm dissapointed 2: Dark clouds



Alright, here's a new idea: How's bout of thematic outrage. After finishing yesterday's post I realised that the problem is actually a lot broader than just end of the world enthusiasts, it's more a general vibe. The feeling I'm getting is our theme for the week. The kind of horrifying speech where a parent or another authority figure berates you in a passive aggressive manner about thinking about the future without giving you the option of being legitimately angry at them, even stupidly. When teenage rebellion seems unmanageable they suddenly discovered the best way of making it so much worse. If even the worst you can do, just gets a few tuts, what choice do you have? It's interesting finally realising why I hated school so much. Nothing I did wrong ever made anyone angry, nothing I did right ever got anything but damned with faint praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment