Search This Blog

23 Dec 2009

My Nerd Hoard



Over the holidays I was able to find some wonderful relics of my misspent teenage years. A couple thousand euros worth of comics, a good 90% of which I wouldn't read today if forced at gun point. I had much less cool 90's Vertigo titles than I suspected, just Preacher, Hitman (not Vertigo, but close), The Invisibles and Transmetropolitan, some Shade the Changing man, Sandman etc, but a small metric ton of x-men from the late 70's to the late 90's, even an x-men 17 from 1963 I bought in London 10 years ago. I'm glad I was never a serious speculator, crap foil embossed image titles from '90 to '95 are in short supply. I do have the first few issues of Whilce Portacio's Stone, signed by him, but apparently so does everybody else. I could shift some of the most valuable crap and buy TPB's of things I'd actually want to read. That would be the best Christmas present I could think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment